Wednesday 1 February 2012

Bits and bobs.

I found a website of a guy who has interviewed a few photorealism artists including Louis K Meisel, who came up with the term "photorealism". Its a pretty interesting read. Take a look....
http://db-artmag.com/en/54/feature/really-nice-guys-louis-k.-meisel-on-photorealisms-beginnings/

I also came across a website which has a list of 10 painters. One of whom is Yigal Ozeri. I thought it was a photo at first. The blurred background and detail in the creases of the dress and hair is beautiful.noresize

This is a link to the website http://www.unstage.com/2010/05/10-photorealistic-painters/

I find it really interesting how much variety you get in photorealist paintings. A lot seem to focus on faces and figures and there are also quite a few which involve water. I haven't really come across many that are architectural or which focus on animals. Im sure there are some out there just waiting for me to discover. I think i find the ones with people and faces and expressions the most fascinating. I think because an expression can show so much its all about how you capture it. I probably find them the most fascinating because I cant do people or faces. I cant get the perspective right so seeing someone who can paint every last detail and crease and capture exactly what the person is feeling is amazing. I've learnt so much during this research project, not only that there are hundreds of photo realist artists but also its origins, how it began and an insight into the techniques and styles different artists use. I've just got to keep practicing....


No comments:

Post a Comment