Friday 29 March 2013

Easter Holidays....but not for scenic.

So this week we came in to try and get all the last bits and bobs of Opera finished, I couldn't see the end of opera until I think Thursday.
Opera piling up in construction

The damn mega glaze was playing up again and leaving funny marks on the paint which meant that we had to re-paint and do the whole 4 step process again for a few item which was a pain in the bum and very time consuming! It was mainly just painting small bits and nothing too tasking, On Thursday I couldn't sleep and ended up just coming in to uni at 8 to get a start on finishing up the last of the lettering. I am looking forward to my brain finally switching off so I can get a good nights sleep again as for the last 5 weeks I have not slept well! Its been pretty relaxed this week though as its just been the 4 of us (Rosie, Rose, Saz and myself) so its been pretty good and i've felt the pressure has been off me a bit too which has been good. We were still waiting on the post box from Simon and having debates with props about who was to paint the plant stands but we decided just to leave all the small bits until after the holidays. 
We got the moon clock back from props after the frame had been made, so did some woodgrain on that, it looks amazing! I think it should be kept and put up somewhere after the show!
After the boys had moved the huge, heavy steel framed post office, I realised i'd forgotten to do a few more bits of lettering and a number on the front...oops...

 Rosie doing some woodgrain.


Moon clock almost finished



Today we started working on the MACCT's and Gary was showing us how to hang a cloth which was good as none of us had done it before so it was a good thing to learn...although the 4 of us working together are sometimes like a comedy sketch show...but hey, we were happy! 
I dont think we got as much done as Gary wanted us to but we got the cloth hung and drawn up and the lines inked in so I think we did pretty well. 
I was pretty happy doing something that wasn't opera and i was beginning to see the end until Matt realised that himself and Simon had forgotten to make the beading to go along the top and bottom of all the headers and had forgotten the skirting for the angled walls. So at 4.30pm today he brought in 100m of beading to be painted....so that'll be a couple of little jobs for me to do next week....when were in on our second week of holidays...No rest for the wicked!
Bring on the MACCT's
I am looking forward to a relaxing and fun long weekend :) Although today was a pretty amusing day, and Gary brought us in some Easter chocolate medals....because he loves us all!

I love these girls! 


No comments:

Post a Comment