Saturday 9 March 2013

Merry Wives- week 2

The second week working on Opera went a little smoother, people were getting a bit more confident in what they were doing, the wood graining is looking great! Cordelia was up and was pretty happy with what we'd done so far which is good!

 





Rosie finally got the gauze finished which im sure she was very pleased about, after all the dramas it caused it looked really good and thankfully Cordelia didn't say anything bad about it.
Im not really sure what was going on at the beginning of the week as a  few people are still working pretty slow and making silly mistakes. I'm not sure they quite realise the extent of what we still have to do, I think we've done about a quarter of what there is, and we haven't even started on any of the big flats yet!

 

Gary wasn't on my back quite so much this week but he did snap at me on Wednesday and said something that I found really hurtful, I think he realised he'd really upset me though as he bought me some chocolate at the end of the day....although I would have rather had an apology!

There has been a couple of things this week that got to me, like people asking Gary for advice instead of asking me first seeing as I know more about the show and what Cordelia wants. Also I felt a bit like because im the last one to do my management the other 3rd years maybe think they have a bit more knowledge over me, like  I gave a couple of them measurements of where to put the wallpaper to so that they left space for the skirting getting added later. I got the measurements from Matt with a bit of leeway so there was no risk of a gap. When i looked at the line they had snapped I noticed it looked a lot smaller than the other flat next to it and when I asked them about it they said they had added extra to allow for leeway....but they hadn't asked me first, as though they just assumed that I wouldn't have thought of it. That did upset me a little bit.

 


Thursday and Friday got pretty busy with some more flats getting finished and brought through, but we managed to get a lot done and are making progress with what we've got. Unfortunately I found out that because were essentially a week behind were going to have to come in through our independent learning week which means I wont be able to work over Easter which is a bit of a pain. But hey, that's theater life!

No comments:

Post a Comment