Tuesday 29 November 2011

Week 9

Today was not a good day for me.
Were back onto personal projects now that the majority of panto is done and I want to better myself and step out of my comfort zone especially as my last personal project didn't have the 'wow factor'.

Id decided I wanted to paint some folded fabric like Alison Watt. After choosing a piece and starting to draw it up I was told it wasn't good enough and it was easy so I chose something else, after id started painting this one I was told again it wasn't good enough and didn't have the wow factor.

It did make me feel a little inadequate when my work was compared to others in the class who's work did have the 'wow factor'. At that point I felt like I couldn't do anything right and that I would always be the bottom of the class. Considering iv never done anything higher than standard grade art I feel that my work is really good, and im proud of myself as I never thought I could produce anything like I have. I guess today was just a bad day for me to be put down.

Although, as they say 'what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger' and it's true because I want to excell myself. Not only for me but to rub it in the faces of those who think my work isn't good enough!


On another note we had a photoshop class on Monday which was good fun. We made animated gifs which was actually quite tricky but im happy with my final output :).......which apparently doesnt work on Blogger :(




No comments:

Post a Comment