Monday 16 January 2012

Minors- Time for Costume

Were into our minors now for the next 5 weeks so i'm up in costume. Were working on Twelfth Night but its mainly alterations and just small bits and bobs so its very relaxed at the moment.
I've been working on "Olivias" blue dress as it was too short for the actress so I had to add a 5inch hem onto the bottom of it which was not as easy as it sounds as i was working with 1390 cm of material which was a bit of a mission at times. But I really enjoyed it and eventually got it finished. Hopefully its the right length now.

I'm looking forward to our hat class with Christine this week though. I'm not sure what i'm going to make yet but it will be exciting to make a hat from scratch.

Had life drawing class again which I wasn't looking forward to. I really don't enjoy life drawing im no good at it and I just get frustrated with my work. I find it really hard to get the proportions right without using a gridded up photo....I know I need to practice. And its one of my new year resolutions. Im going to get a new sketch book this week. One which I will enjoy drawing in. I have a couple just now but one is too small and the other is too big. I will improve.....eventually!

Thats all i've got to write just now really. Only been back a week and not much has happened yet.....

Olivias dress with the hem I added.

No comments:

Post a Comment