Thursday 26 January 2012

Tommy costumes

We've been making costumes for Tommy for the last week which has been great. I forgot how much I loved putting pieces together and ending up with a beautiful item of clothing. I made a 1950s style dress which is gorgeous. I like it so much iv asked Jill if I can use the pattern to make a dress for myself!
I've also been working on a blouse for Tommy and Rose and I have just started re sizing a pattern for a 'Teddy jacket'. Im really glad we'll still be in costume when the fittings take place as i'd love to finish the green dress as i really enjoyed making it and i'd love to see it finished!
We've also had our millinery class with Christine which has been really interesting. I'm making a 3/4 bowler hat which i'm loving. Its so cute!
I feel like i'm learning a lot during my time in costume and I think i've become a lot more confident in what i'm doing and I have more of an idea of how pattern pieces go together, although I still ask to make sure. I'm really enjoying the relaxed atmosphere and the easy going nature of the costume girls. I like the respect we get of just being given a pattern and left to work on it on your own.
I really need to invest in  sewing machine!


My little hat

1950s dress for Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment