Thursday 9 February 2012

A conclusion....of sorts.


I've found this research project really helpful. It has opened my eyes to the world of photorealism and i've learnt a lot about the processes it involves. I've found out that the main material used to create a realistic painting seem to be oil paints as they blend well and create smooth images without many lines. One of the popular techniques used seems to be the air brush. This is definitely a technique that takes a while to perfect.

I really enjoyed doing my own photorealist painting and although it wasn't perfect I was very pleased with the final outcome of my first attempt. It has definitely made me want to keep trying to perfect my skills in becoming a photorealist painter, although I do need to learn to be patient and just keep trying and realise that making mistakes is part of the learning process!

I think I probably could have researched into a few more books and found out a bit more about the techniques and processes but I think i will definitely continue this project and keep researching as i have found it very interesting and useful information.

I think the next personal project I get in scenic I am going to attempt to do a face, maybe in the style of Alyssa Monks as I think her work is beautiful and the way she captures the water and condensation in her shower paintings fascinates me. I feel it would be a very challenging project to take on.....not sure if i'm ready for it but...got to start somewhere!

I think I might invest in some oil paintings and attempt a few easier smaller paintings at home like the Pedro Campos coke can.

I stumbled upon hyper-realism during my research project and a bit of trompe l'oeil. I'm going to research into them a bit as I find both of them really interesting areas. Especially trompe l'oeil street art. I think there is a very close connection between photorealism and trompe l'oeil as they both go hand in hand at fooling the viewer that the painting/drawing is real. Im definitely going to look into this more.

I was trying to find some videos of photorealism painting in the making but I found this video on you tube of a guy doing a photorealism picture on his computer. Its incredible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu27-8x6yxw

And heres a little trompe l'oeil chalk art just for fun.

http://www.tickld.com/content.php?contentID=1393

No comments:

Post a Comment