Monday 5 March 2012

Elective- Design

So this is the 3rd week of my design elective this week. I'm not going to lie i'm not enjoying it. I want to be back in scenic or costume. I like hands on, making stuff, always having something to do. Design is too much research, the process is long and draining. I get home each night completely and utterly mentally exhausted.

I know its a good experience to see what the designers go through and how a design is made and the processes it involves, and I have learnt a lot in the last 2 weeks.
But it's definitely not for me, i'm very glad I chose applied arts. I'm not even enjoying the freedom, I like structure and guidance.
I feel like were being thrown in the deep end a little. I know a bit about set design from college but that was only the basics. We seem to be expected to know how to go about the whole design 'process' which I personally don't. It seems like there is an awful lot expected of us in a short period of time. I am really looking forward to going back into scenic after Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment