Sunday 11 March 2012

So much to do, so little time.

I made a "To Do" list today. It was pretty long....its still pretty long. I feel like my head is going to explode the amount of work iv got to do by Friday. Its horrible.
I think i'm possibly not hating design as much as I was when I wrote my last blog. I enjoyed making my model, although I did find it a little tricky as I wasn't sure where to start (as a model making class was scheduled the day before our white card model was due in. Sorry but that's just bad planning!) so I kind of just started making things using the little knowledge I have of model making from college. 

The white card presentation went well though and although I think my design was the simplest, it seemed to have the least said about it, as it was a model that was able to work, so im glad I managed to think about all the relevant areas whilst making my design and therefore not having any design or structure faults. It did ease my mind a little once the white card was over. 

Still got a shed load of stuff to do for the final presentation on Friday as well as all our PP5/6 stuff and our CCS 5/6 stuff, whatever the hell that is. Don't even know where to start with that!
So im a little bit stressed out which has resulted in me being run down, which has in turn resulted in me getting ill, so along with all of what is due in I feel like crap, have no motivation and my concentration is limited. So im finding the last few weeks of term pretty tough and I cannot wait to have a holiday.

On a more positive note I am loving Corel painter. I thing its a great program to have and it has helped me so much with my costume designs as I cannot draw people to save myself (yes Jamie I know I need to practice more drawings!). It also makes it not seem like work which is quite good and I enjoy using it. Some of my drawings are probably a little bit funny and may have dodgy arms or wonky feet but hey, it gets the message across!

I need to start painting again, I've been away from it for too long. I got some inspiration the other day after watching 'Memoires of a Geisha' and have chosen a picture I'd like to attempt.

I've also been thinking of trying to get some work experience in a theater over summer. Just so I cant get a little more experience and hands on and keep up my skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment