Monday 21 May 2012

Nearing the end of my time in scenic..

So I haven't blogged very much in the last month but im not going to lie, we've been working on 19 black brick walls, there's not really too much I can say when were doing the same thing week in, week out. But now, finally, we have managed to conquer the bricks and actually finished them all early and we only had to do one lat night, and it wasn't even that late!! It's been challenging as it has been pretty monotonous and repetitive so we've been having to keep our focus and not slack or give it less effort.



Sarah, Rosé and I worked on wallpapering one of the house flats which was pretty tricky as none of us had ever wallpapered before and we were trying to do it with PVA which gave us no give or movement once it touched the wood, which obviously didnt help as it was a patterned design which needed to match up. We eventually persuaded Gary to let us buy some wallpaper paste which made it a lot easier.

I requested to stay in Scenic for an extra week so im now back working on the Tron show and painting the bridge which is pretty interesting and very messy.

Then it's back to costume for 3 weeks which im kind of looking forward to, i'll love it when im back in it but i'd quite like to stay in scenic for a little longer. Only a few more weeks of term left though.

I managed to get myself a work placement at Scottish opera in summer for 2 weeks which will hopefully be a very beneficial thing for me to have. Im really looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment