Saturday 23 February 2013

The end of carousel

For the last week working on carousel, we didn't really have too much to do. Rosie and I worked on the red hut which ended up too red...then too orange, that wood just drinks up the paint! 
Jan is now in the department, that boy is hilarious but I don't even think he knows he's being funny. He questions everything and he was put in charge of the roof for the hut and he just smothered it in glue and sawdust, so much that it took about 3 days to dry! Also got another first year to major in scenic which is good, next year would have been pretty busy if there were only 3 of them! 


I also worked a little bit on my personal project but didn't get much done,its very time consuming! I've decided to just keep it as a pencil drawing as I don't think ill have enough time to paint it before I graduate...scary! I really need to spend more time on it though!

Im looking forward to start working on merry wives, although talking with Simon yesterday and finding out that their wood order hadn't arrived and that Josh had been off for a week so they are now running a week behind didn't really settle my nerves....Hopefully we'll have something to work on next week!

Im planning on starting a Dali painting for my brother this week, I promised him a painting for his new flat as a  late christmas present. He;s up in April so I need to get it done by then so he can take it back home with him :)

As for now, my sister is through for the weekend and the girls are coming over tonight for nachos and wine, hopefully it wont be my last weekend of freedom for the next month but if it is then ill make sure it's fun....although my sister can be a bit of a handful at times, we are completely different so she can drive me a little crazy at times....


No comments:

Post a Comment